You Have Been At Your Job Too Long??
Think about it.
How do you know you have done your job way too long?
I know I have been at this for way, WaaaaaY too long.
The upside....I have learned how to type.
As a sophmore in high school I attempted to learn to type....but that was when Queen put out "Another One Bites the Dust"....Imagine that beat....I really wish I could figure how to add music....whole other story......and a room full of typists and one freakin' idiot that is trying to type to that song!!
I only managed 27 words per minute.....IN THE HOLE!!! -27!!!!!
But since I spend lots of time on the PC...bloggin or emailing or chattin' friends.....I have managed to learn to type much faster....I don't want to be timed!!! I don't test well!
Anyway.....back to the sophmore year.....there is more......as I COULD NOT TYPE....I didn't do the work....I fell Way behind.....there when my GPA down the tubes.....clear to 3.3.......If my friends had not stolen the grade book I would have flunk typing!! Honest!!!
The downside......and there quite a few:
1. I have lost all patience with certain people.....Teenagers....Stupid People and Smelly People....and I am not just talkin' about those that reek of sweat, beer and ciggies but those that still smell of sex!!! You know that smell......So you see the connection to Teenagers!
2. I have started to talk to the animals....Nothing new really...have done it at home for years but I have started to do when I am not alone....the BossMan is here! He looks at me like I am crazy.
3. I have started to sound like a salesman....salewoman....saleperson...fuck it...I don't care...salesman! I have the SaleFleaStuffPitch down Pat!
SEE NO PATIENCE!!
4. The BossMan feels comfortable enough to talk to me about condoms....this is new ground!!! Boob jobs, Tattoo placement, and BulldogSex are one thing but condoms.....That's just different.
5. EVERYONE KNOWS ME.....I can't go into town and not run into at least one client.....I don't mind the women so much.....it's that man that's overly friendly in front of Roy that causes me grief......I just smile and move along.....And it never fails....Roy has a sixth sense about this....his ESPN is finely tuned to HornDawgs....."Who is that?"
"Just another client....I can't even think of his name."
JoeSmith with the Pekingese that has leg problems and he comes in monthly to get meds.....his wife works at the one of the local schools and they have blue FordPickUp and 3 kids....3, 6,and 8.....all girls.
6. I feel comfortable enough with TheBossLady....who is very Churchy.....to tell her that we are not very busy by saying, "We are just standin' around here with our thumbs up our asses."
There was a long pause........She was trying to envison that.
And I was thinking about my next job!!
7. I know the clients by their checks.....MrH has blue ones....MrsBullMoose's are blue too.....Buck has Harley Davidson....and they are different from mine....what does he know??? hhhhmmmmm.........
Do you know that NOBODY ever changes the style of their checks??? NEVER! Not in 11 years!!!
Okay....so there is an upside that EVERYONE KNOWS ME.....They remember me at Christmas time and respect my vacation time and ask about the girls....maybe I should have listed that better and not put Christmas first.....Nevermind!
So what is your's.....How do you know?